Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Really?


Sandan testing has been mentioned. My reaction, of course, was "Are you kidding me?!?"

I don't care if I never, ever grade again. Seriously. As long as the learning doesn't stop, I'm good.

My training has been spotty - other than the outside-the-dojo ancillary stuff. Solo tonfa training, however, is going well, but that and teaching are all I do in gi these days - thanks to my job schedule.

How ironic is it that just as I begin to settle into my "gotta get it in when I can so I don't get rusty" mindset, THIS gets put out there.

Truth is often stranger than fiction, I guess...

1 comment:

  1. I feel this way sometimes too. But the growth of the institution of karate depends on people pursuing the ranks that they deserve. I've seen the situation where one person is a 5 dan and the other is a 3 dan and the 3 dan has been practicing 10 years longer and is far more knowledgeable. It can lead to some unfortunate situations...situations that can be avoided by doing things at the appropriate time.

    ReplyDelete